Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

"No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child."
~ Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Can you believe it is already Mother's Day? This year has gone by so fast! The quote above comes from one of my most favorite General Conference talks evah!! I remember feeling so overwhelmed with the love I have for my mom as I listened to him give that talk. Because I finally have a blog, I thought I would dedicate a post to my wonderful mom. This is her 20th Mother's Day being a mom, so I have chosen 20 things that I love about her.

  1. I love that you put up with me whenever I am moody and irrational. I can be a real pain. You seriously have the patience of a saint! 
  2. I love that we can go out shopping together and just spend time with each other. I wouldn't trade those times for anything in the world. 
  3. I love that you teach me how to work and get stuff done. I am eternally grateful you don't just give me whatever I want, but teach me to work and earn. 
One of my favorite pictures of me and my mom. Isn't she gorgeous?

 4. I love that I can talk to you about my problems and you will listen, but give me tough love when it's necessary ;). 
5. I love that you will buy me small little things that no one else would think to get me, just because you know me so well. 
6. I love that you love volleyball. Too bad I could never get the hang of it :). 
7. I love that you love photography and have passed that love to me. You are so talented!
8. I love that you love dad, and show your kids that love.
My parents are the coolest! I believe this picture was taken around the time they got engaged, early 1994. Denim jackets and shades. I can only dream of being that hip! 

9. I love how selfless you are. Caring for children besides your own, helping those who need it. 
10. I love your sense of humor and that we can laugh together.
11. I love that you know who you are and have taught me who I am and can become, even though I'm still learning. 
12. I love that you make time to visit your parents and spend time with them. 

13. I love that you will help me with school stuff, especially when I was younger and would stay up late to help me finish a project that I really procrastinated on. 
14. I love that you take care of me when I'm sick and I can still hold your hand when I get shots.
15. I love that you regularly tell me you love me.
16. I love that you are quick to forgive me.

17. I love how smart she is. If she wants to make or fix something, she'll figure out how to do it. 
18. I love that you share your treats with us, even if you get them for your birthday or Christmas and they are rightfully yours and you shouldn't have to share but you do anyways. 
19. I love that you push me to be my best.
20. I love that I got so lucky to have you as my mom!
This was in 2011 at the U2 concert in Salt Lake City. I got to go with my parents and some family friends. One of the best days ever! 

Mom, I love you so much! I want to be you when I grow up.

“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” 
Abraham Lincoln

Displaying IMG_2905.JPG
Displaying IMG_2905.JPG

2 comments:

  1. After reading your Coldplay post I read this again. I miss you and love you so much!

    ReplyDelete